An evaluation will assist you showcase your achievements and help make your program better. It can become one of the most rewarding aspects of your job because it is where you see the results of your work.
Evaluation Step-by-Step Guide (PDF 553 KB) or (Word 1 MB) takes you step-by-step through the process of designing an evaluation so you can assess whether your project or program has met its objectives and achieved its desired outcomes.
The evaluation process has been broken down into four key stages. Resources specific to these stages are listed below.
- Collecting Methods (Word 143 KB)
- Collecting Worksheet 1 (Word 93 KB)
- Collecting Worksheet 2 (Word 128 KB)
- Collecting Worksheet 3 (Word 116 KB)
- Collecting Checklist (Word 92 KB)
- National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research outlines Australia’s ethics standards
- Guidelines for Ethical Conduct in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research
- Information Privacy Act
- Commonwealth Privacy Act
- Health Records Act
- National Health & Medical Research Council
- Evaluation Glossary of Key Terms (Word 94 KB)
- Evaluating Community Arts and Community Well Being provides a simple, step by step approach to evaluating arts based projects
- Department of Treasury and Finance’s Guide to Evaluation provides a practical framework and some key principles for planning and implementing effective evaluations.
- Australian Evaluation Society provides a variety of information for evaluation practitioners, including a list of consultants.