When to apply for a permit
What works or activities do you need a permit for?Anything which alters the place or object including:
- Building extensions, constructions, interior works, demolition or relocation of buildings and structures, changes of colour schemes and signage.
- Subdivision and construction of new buildings and garden structures such as fences or decks, pathways and driveways, and changes of materials.
- Works to registered trees and gardens which are not regular maintenance works.
- Excavations at registered sites or damage or alteration to an archaeological artefact.
- Relocation, repair and conservation treatment of objects.
The leaflet Works and alterations to registered heritage places & objects (PDF 346 KB) provides an overview of when permits are needed.