Elite Athlete Travel Grants
The Elite Athlete Travel Grant Program provides grants to assist elite Victorian athletes to travel to compete at national championships or international events.
EligibilityApplications can be submitted by individual athletes who are:
- an elite athlete as defined in the guidelines
- a resident of Victoria
- a member of a State Sporting Association recognised by Sport and Recreation Victoria or a National Sporting Association recognised by the Australian Sports Commission
- travelling to compete at a national championship or international event.
What will not be funded?
The Elite Athlete Travel Grants Program will not fund the following:
- any costs other than travel and accommodation
- any events in Australia that are not the official national championship or an international event for that sport
- travel to attend training or training camps
- travel associated with events that occur before the application is submitted
- travel costs for people accompanying athletes
- athletes who have received a grant under this program in either of the two most recent funding rounds
- athletes who receive a Tier 1 scholarship from the Victorian Institute of Sport or a full scholarship from the Australian Institute of Sport
- applications requesting more than $2000
- late, incomplete, or handwritten applications.
Funding range of grantUp to $2,000
This program is currently open. Refer to the program guidelines for key dates.
Due to the high volume of applications that are expected, we encourage you to apply well in advance of the closing date to ensure your application is processed efficiently.
If you need assistance with applying online, please call the Grants Information Line on 1300 366 356 for the cost of a local call (except from a mobile phone) on any weekday between 8.30am – 5.00pm (except for public holidays). Note: to ensure you receive the assistance you require to complete your application, it is strongly recommended that you call the Grants Information Line before 4.00 pm.
We recommend that you read My Grants Application before commencing your online application for this grant program.
Program area and assistanceRead more about Sport and Recreation Victoria
For general grant enquiries contact the Grants Information Line
Sport & Recreation