Emergency: sporting and recreational equipment
EligibilityApplications can be submitted by local community sport and active recreation clubs which:
- are non-government and not-for-profit
- are registered as an incorporated body. If the club or organisation is not incorporated it must arrange a legally constituted organisation to manage the funds.
- participate in an organised competition of a sport recognised by the Australian Sports Commission
- have satisfactorily completed the reporting requirements of any previous DTPLI grants.
Funding range of grantUp to $2,000
- Equipment that is required for ongoing participation in an activity that is transferable to other participants and remains the property of the club/organisation (i.e. bats, match balls, equestrian jumps, racquets, gymnastic mats, team equipment kits and badminton nets)
- Injury prevention equipment that is transferable (i.e. goal post padding, batting pads, gloves, goalie gear, helmets and catcher’s gear)
- First aid equipment which is necessary for immediate attention to injury that may occur during participation in sport or active recreation
Equipment that will not be funded
- Fixed playing surfaces and structures (i.e. synthetic pitch, goal posts, portable posts)
- Capital works (i.e. permanent shade structures, permanent fencing, fixed lighting and other permanent structures)
- Repair of equipment, structures and player surfaces (i.e. golf course, turf wicket pitch)
- Non-playing/participation equipment (i.e. wicket covers, banners, trophies, clubroom items, portable floatation device)
- Maintenance equipment (i.e. lawn mower, linemarker, roller, hose, compressor)
- Equipment damaged through wear and tear
- Training equipment that is not essential to participation (i.e. tackle bags, agility ladder, witches hats, tennis ball machines)
- Canteen items (i.e. microwave ovens, soft drinks, food, alcohol, cooking utensils)
- Personal items of equipment (i.e. mouthguards, drink bottles, shoes, boots)
- Vehicles (i.e. boats, bikes, golf carts, jet-ski, go-kart) trailers and accessories
Up to 3 months after the loss or damage
- a quote from a supplier for the replacement cost of the equipment
- evidence of the loss or damage, such as a police report, photographs, newspaper reports etc.
Before you apply for a grant, we recommend you read about DTPLI's Funding Agreements as funding is dependent upon your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
We recommend that you read 'My Grants Application' before commencing your online application for this grant program.
Program area and assistance
Sport & Recreation