Significant sporting events
The Significant Sporting Events Program helps sporting, community and event organisations to deliver significant sporting events in Victoria.
Private event organisations, National and State Sporting Associations, venues, Local Government authorities and not for profit organisations may apply.
Funding range of grant
Event Assistance Grants: Up to $20,000
Event Development Grants: Up to $300,000
This program is currently open and will close on 28 February 2018.
Provide the following supporting documents with your application:
- Event budget (draft version is acceptable)
- Evidence of support from the recognised State, National or International sporting body
- Previous event reports or evaluations
- Marketing and event plan (Event Development Grants only)
- Event bidding documents (Event Development Grants only where applicable)
- Before you apply for a grant, we recommend you read about DTPLI's Funding Agreements as funding is dependent upon your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- If successful in obtaining a grant, use forms for recipients to complete and submit whilst managing your project.
If you would like to apply for a grant under this program, please first call 9208 3308 to discuss your event.
Event Assistance Grants:
Event Development Grants:
We recommend that you read 'My Grants Application' before commencing your online application.