Significant sporting events
The Significant Sporting Events Program will help sporting, community and event organisations to deliver significant sporting events in Victoria.
Private event organisations, National and State Sporting Associations, venues, Local Government authorities and not for profit organisations may apply.
Funding range of grant
Event Assistance Grants: Up to $20,000
Event Development Grants: Up to $300,000
Event Assistance Grants open: This category is currently open and closes 28 March 2014.
Event Development Grants open: This category is currently open and closes 28 March 2014.
- Event budget (draft budgets will be accepted)
- Letter of support from a relevant State, National or International sporting association
- Previous event reports or evaluations
- Event Development Grant applications
- Marketing and event plan
- Event bidding documentation
- Before you apply for a grant, we recommend you read about DTPLI's Funding Agreements as funding is dependent upon your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions
- If successful in obtaining a grant, use forms for recipients to complete and submit whilst managing your project.
If you would like to apply for a grant under this program, please first call 9208 3308 to discuss your event.
Event Assistance Grants:
Event Development Grants:
We recommend that you read 'My Grants Application' before commencing your online application for this grant program.
Program area and assistance
Read more about Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV)
For assistance with a project idea and/or an application contact your local DTPLI/SRV representative
For general grant enquiries contact the contact the Grants Information Line.