News & Events
Take the Premier’s Active Families Challenge!- 02 Mar 2012A great way to get healthy and active, just do 30 minutes of exercise a day for 30 days between 19 Mar to 30 Apr 2012, with some great prizes up for grabs. Register online here or call 1300 463 684.
- Kew Court House and former Police Station has been awarded the Planning Minister’s Heritage Award for 2012.
- Twenty outstanding Indigenous Victorians have been inducted to the nation’s first-ever Indigenous Honour Roll.
- Congratulations to the 10 lucky Victorian High School students who have secured their place on this year’s coveted 2011-2012 Premier’s Spirit of ANZAC Prize overseas study tour.
Ricci Marks Award 2012- 14 Feb 2012
The Ricci Marks Award recognises individual achievements and aspirations of young Indigenous people in training, education, arts, sport, culture and community leadership.
Nominations are now open until 13 March 2012!
- The Minister for Planning is seeking Expressions of Interest for Statutory Board positions in the building and plumbing industry, Heritage Council of Victoria and Growth Area’s Authority.
Victorian Bushfire Recovery three year report released- 01 Feb 2012The Victorian Bushfire Recovery Three Year Report focuses on the progress and achievements made over the last 12 months including the delivery of programs, funding and support to communities and individuals affected by the 2009 bushfires. Download a full copy of the report.
Plans unveiled for Margaret Court Arena- 23 Jan 2012Plans for Melbourne Park's western precinct have been unveiled, including a redevelopment of Margaret Court Arena that will feature a retractable roof, more seating and improved facilities. Find out more on the Major Projects website.
- Victorians interested in helping out in an emergency are invited to submit their details at Victoria’s Volunteering Portal’s new look Emergency Volunteer Register.
- Vic-Heritage, a free app for iPhone, explores the architectural and historical gems of Melbourne and regional Victoria, providing access to the Victorian Heritage Database while on-the-go.