- Ministerial Guidelines for assessment of environmental effects under the Environment Effects Act 1978 (PDF - 582 KB)
These guidelines set out the detail of processes and requirements associated with the referral and assessment of projects, via an Environment Effects Statement, under the Act.
- An Amendment to the Ministerial Guidelines for assessment of environmental effects (Word - 20.4 KB) was made on 30 September 2012. The one-page amendment is also recognised by the Victorian protocol made under the National Partnership Agreement on Coal Seam Gas and Large-scale Coal Mining (Word - 20 KB).
- Project Proposal Guidelines under the Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act 2009 (PDF - 42 KB)
Provides guidance on the form and content of project proposals that are required to be prepared by project proponents for declared projects.
- Aboriginal Cultural Heritage and the Environment Effects Process (PDF - 218 KB)
Outlines when and how a Cultural Heritage Management Plan should be prepared in conjunction with the Environment Effects Statement process.
- EES Referral Form Template (DOC 208 KB)
Referrals should contain the information outlined on pages 8-9 of the Ministerial Guidelines. This proforma helps proponents cover those matters and should be submitted to inform the decision on whether an EES is required.
- How does the Environment Effects Statement process work? (PDF - 93 KB)
- How does the Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act process work? (PDF 69 KB)
- Impact Management Plan assessment process under the Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act 2009 (PDF - 19 KB)
- Comprehensive Impact Statement assessment process under the Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act 2009 (PDF - 30 KB)