Logical Inclusions Advisory Committee
The Minister for Planning established a process to review the merits of land considered in 2009, for inclusion within the Urban Growth Boundary.
On this page:
- Advisory Committee Report
- Minister for Planning's Response
- Background Information
- Membership of the Advisory Committee
- Summary of Information Briefings
The Logical Inclusions Advisory Committee submitted its report to the Minister for Planning in November 2011. The report has now been released to the public.
- Report 1 - Overview Report (PDF - 601 KB)
- Report 2 - South East Growth Area (PDF - 1.2 MB)
- Report 3 - North Growth Area (PDF - 1.3 MB)
- Report 4 - West Growth Area (PDF - 1.2 MB)
- Report 5 - Sunbury Digger Rest Growth Area (PDF - 707 KB)
Read the Media Release.
The Minister for Planning has issued a response to the Advisory Committee's Report recommendations:
The review was to consider the merits of land considered in the 2009 Urban Growth Boundary review, for possible inclusion within the Urban Growth Boundary.
For land to be considered as a logical inclusion, strict criteria applied and projects needed to meet particular standards.
This process applied to the Wyndham, Melton, Hume, Whittlesea, Mitchell, Casey and Cardinia growth area councils only.
A probity auditor was appointed to oversee the process from start to finish. Read the Probity Report (PDF - 43 KB).
The Growth Areas Authority reviewed the merits of land submissions submitted to the 2009 review and referred certain sites to the Advisory Committee for final determination.
The following people were appointed to the Committee:
- Kathy Mitchell (Chair)
- Lester Townsend (Deputy Chair)
- Brett Davis
- Rodger Eade
- Jodi Kennedy
- David Mitchell
- William O'Neil