Amending a planning permit
If you need to change your permit or the endorsed plans after they have been issued, you will need to lodge an 'Application to amend a planning permit'.
Although you may not need a new permit, a request for amendment follows the same process, including possible advertising and referral to statutory bodies.
As with a new permit application, you should discuss the amendment with the council planner before submitting the request.
On this page:
Use this form when you wish to amend the plans or conditions of a planning permit application.
If you want to apply for a new planning permit then use the Application for a Planning Permit form instead.
- Use the links below to select your local council's form. You can request a hard copy of the form from the council.
- You may either print the form and fill it by hand, or use it on your computer as an online form.
- If you choose to fill the form in electronically then you may save a copy to your computer. A draft of your application may be saved to your computer at any time.
For help on how to complete the form, download this guide:
Note that in order to use the features contained in the forms you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 8.1.2 or later installed on your computer.
If your permit application was made using SPEAR, the online planning application system, visit the SPEAR website for information on amending your permit.
Use these forms where a council is responsible for making the decision about your permit application.
If you don’t know the name of your local council, you can search by postcode at Find Your Local Council.
Minister for Planning forms
Use these forms where the Minister for Planning is responsible for making the decision about your permit application.
- Alpine Resorts (PDF - 1.9 MB)
- Central City (PDF - 1.7 MB)
- Docklands (PDF - 1.9 MB)
- French Island & Sandstone Island (PDF - 1.9 MB)
- Port of Melbourne (PDF - 1.9 MB)
- DPCD form (PDF - 1.9 MB) - Use this form for all other applications to the Minister for Planning.
An accessible version of the Application to Amend a Planning Permit Form is also available:
For more information or assistance about a council form, contact your local council. Contact details for the council planner are provided at the end of each application form.
For assistance with Minister for Planning amendment forms, please contact the relevant DPCD regional office
Accessibility of documents on this page
Some of the douments on this page are presented in PDF format. If you have difficulty in accessing any of these documents please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.