Planning Permit Application Forms
The Application for Planning Permit form can be used to apply for planning permits in all areas of Victoria where either the local council or the Minister for Planning is responsible for issuing planning permits.
Use the links below to go to select the appropriate form for your local council, or you can request a copy of the form from the relevant council or DPCD regional office.
On this page:
How to complete the form
Follow the following steps to use the planning permit application forms:
- Select and download the form applicable to the council responsible for making the decision on your permit application. For some areas the Minister for Planning will make this decision and these forms are provided at the bottom of the page.
- You may either print the form and fill it in by hand, or use it on your computer as an online form.
- If you choose to fill the form in electronically then you may save a soft copy to your computer. A draft of your application can be saved to your computer if you wish.
Note that in order to use these features of the form you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 8.1.2 or later installed on your computer.
Applications for planning permits in many local council areas can be made using SPEAR, an online system that offers end-to-end processing and tracking of applications including lodgement, referrals, public viewing, council determination and Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) appeals.
Visit the SPEAR website for more information and free registration.
Use these forms where a council is responsible for making the decision about your permit application. Select the council where you need to lodge your application from the maps or lists below.
If you don’t know the name of your local council, you can search by postcode at Find Your Local Council
The Permit Application Form is also available in an accessible Microsoft Word format:
Minister for Planning forms
Use these forms where the Minister for Planning is responsible for making the decision about your permit application.
- Alpine Resorts (PDF - 287 KB)
- Central City (PDF - 316 KB)
- Docklands (PDF - 316 KB)
- French Island & Sandstone Island (PDF - 316 KB)
- Port of Melbourne (PDF - 316 KB)
- DPCD form (PDF - 316 KB) - Use this form for all other applications to the Minister for Planning such as wind energy facilities applications under Clause 61.01.
If you need to amend a permit application that has already been submitted to the council or DPCD office then you need to use the Amend a Planning Permit form.
For assistance with Minister for Planning application forms, please contact the relevant DPCD regional office
Accessibility of documents on this page
Some of the documents on this page are presented in PDF format. If you have difficulty in accessing any of these documents please contact us at email@example.com.