If the Minister for Planning is the responsible authority for a particular area, you can view details of permit applications online.
Minister's Planning Permit Application Register
The Minister's Planning Permit Application Register provides access to up-to-date information on the status of permit applications where the Minister for Planning is the responsible authority.
Where is the Minister responsible?
The Minister for Planning is the responsible authority and planning authority for certain large-scale developments and planning scheme areas including:
- Fishermans Bend
- Port of Melbourne Planning Scheme
Central Dandenong, Kew Residential Services, Waverley Park
Alpine Resorts Planning Scheme (Mt Hotham, Falls Creek, Mt Buller, Mt Stirling, Mt Baw Baw, & Lake Mountain)
French Island and Sandstone Island
Footscray Renewal Project Area (joint responsible authority with City of Maribyrnong)
- The Melbourne Planning Scheme where:
- development is in excess of 25,000 square metres
- development and use of land is on behalf of a Minister of the Crown
- Melbourne Showgrounds
- Flemington Racecourse
- Other specific sites including the Melbourne Casino.
These responsibilities can change from time to time.
Please note: The schedule to Clause 61.01 of each planning scheme lists the responsible authority for administering and enforcing that scheme.
For further information or advice concerning the areas listed above where the Minister for Planning is the responsible authority and planning authority you should contact the following DPCD offices:
- Planning Statutory Services - Statutory Approvals (Melbourne CBD and Fishermans Bend) on 03 9098 8907
- Planning Statutory Services - Alpine Resorts Unit on 03 9098 8919 or 03 9098 8918
- Planning Statutory Services - South Sector (Central Dandenong) on 03 9098 8923
- Planning Statutory Services - East Sector (Kew/Waverley) on 03 9098 8938
- Footscray Central Activities District on 03 9098 8946
- Gippsland Regional Office (French Island and Sandstone Island) on 03 5172 2111