Planning Scheme Amendments Online
Planning Scheme Amendments Online provides up to date information on the status of amendments to all planning schemes in Victoria and the Victoria Planning Provisions (VPP). It allows you to view amendment documentation at the exhibition and approval stages of the amendment process.
Please note: the URL for this site has changed, you will need to update any bookmarks.
Types of amendments
Planning schemes are amended on a regular basis. A planning scheme amendment may involve a change to a planning scheme map (often a rezoning) or a change to the ordinance or written part of the scheme or both.
Amendments can be:
- C amendments (changes to council planning scheme only)
- VC amendments (changes to VPP and council planning schemes)
- V amendments (changes to VPP only).
Amendment details may be viewed online. See 'How can I inspect a full copy of an amendment? below.
To view an amendment and related information:
- Select the first letter of the relevant planning scheme from the alphabetical display.
- Select the relevant planning scheme.
- Select the amendment number, for example, C002.
- Select the Amendment details, Exhibition, Panels or Approved documentation tab.
- Select and open an amendment document.
If you are not sure which planning scheme the amendment affects, there is a search facility. Search hints are provided on the search page. You can search by amendment number or by a key word such as the name of the locality the amendment affects, for example, South Melbourne.
Amendment files can be large and slow to download and some may not be available online. If you have trouble accessing files, please email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions or comments about Planning Scheme Amendments Online, please refer to the online help section within the database or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copies of amendments, may also be inspected free of charge at the relevant council offices.