Changes are proposed to the existing Farming Zone.
What is the purpose of this zone?
The Farming Zone provides for the use of land for agriculture.
Key featuresChanges to the existing Farming Zone propose to:
- promote retaining population to support existing rural communities
- exempt some farming related uses from a permit
- reduce the restrictions for alterations and extensions to dwellings and farm buildings
- remove the mandatory requirement for a s.173 agreement which restricts future subdivision applications after an initial subdivision is approved
- remove conditions which restrict and prohibit some uses
- make less uses prohibited and more uses discretionary including retail and commercial uses
- remove the prohibition on different types of accommodation allowing a permit application
- remove the prohibition on schools allowing a permit application
- increase the threshold for persons that can be accommodated in a Bed and breakfast from 6 to 10 without a permit.