Changes have been approved to the existing Township Zone.
What is the purpose of this zone?
The Township Zone provides for residential and other uses in small towns and enables modest housing growth.
This is an existing zone which has been amended.
The likely application of the Township Zone is in townships throughout rural Victoria.
Key featuresChanges to the existing Township Zone include:
- allowing local application requirements and decision guidelines to be specified
- retaining third party notice, objection and review rights for section 2 use and buildings and works applications
- retaining a discretionary height limit of nine metres (unless a maximum building height is specified in a schedule to the zone)
- allowing a local maximum building height to be specified that cannot be exceeded
- allowing key residential siting and design requirements to be varied for different neighbourhoods
- retaining the planning permit threshold to construct or extend one dwelling on a lot at 300 square metres (or to 500 square metres where specified in a schedule)
- removing or reducing restrictions on non residential land uses such as place of worship and medical centre.
View the zone