Planning is a dynamic career that provides the chance to work with the best minds in the public and private sector in environmental planning, including planning for climate change, urban and regional planning, sustainable development, health, transport and coastal planning.
A planner's role is to:
Check out the brochure on planning as a career:
- Design spaces and places for the benefit of the community
- Ensure economic growth, sustainability, transport, social equity and community living are considered
- Make changes to the environment that affect everyday life
- Make decisions about the size and location of shopping centres, parks and industrial areas
- Provide for housing choice and subdivision layout.
In this Section