Women in Sport
$635,000 Victorian Government boost for women in sport
Congratulations to the eight state sporting associations set to share in $635,000 funding from the first round of the Victorian Government’s new Women in Sport and Recreation (WISAR) grants.
The eight successful funding recipients are:
- Gymnastics Victoria - $90,000 towards Women in Gymnastics - Rising to the Occasion.
- Football Federation Victoria - $90,000 towards Girls FC.
- Motorcycling Victoria - $35,000 for Developing females in motorcycling project
- Touch Victoria - $90,000 towards the Victorian Secondary Touch Football League Girls’ Western Conference.
- AFL Victoria - $90,000 towards establishing a high performance Youth Girls Academy Program and Competition.
- Softball Victoria - $60,000 towards Softball Victoria Community Coaching Program
- Canoeing Victoria - $90,000 towards Diversity in Canoeing – supporting women in canoeing.
- Cycling Victoria - $90,000 towards Women on Wheels
WISAR grants provide up to $90,000 of funding towards Victorian State Sporting Association initiatives that lead to more opportunities for women to advance in sport.